The Design Industry Group of Massachusetts (DIGMA) is an initiative of the statewide design industries to organize and promote the Massachusetts design cluster as integral to the state's economy. DIGMA enables diverse design industries including advertising, architecture, graphic design, industrial design, interior design, landscape design, and specialized design services such as fashion, textiles and lighting design – to speak with one powerful and influential voice.
DIGMA enables diverse design industries... to speak with one powerful and influential voice.
Since its founding in 2007, DIGMA has worked collaboratively with local design and civic leaders to:
- Unite various design disciplines and their respective associations into a single, influential economic cluster
- Increase understanding of the design cluster by undertaking research on the industry and its economic impact
- Help designers forge stronger ties with current and prospective clients, other creative thinkers and doers (such as educators, inventors, entrepreneurs, artists, engineers, and scientists), aficionados and critics, and the global design community
- Organize and facilitate symposia, roundtables, and other programs to build awareness and raise visibility of the design industry
- Inform and influence policy that promotes design as part of the Massachusetts innovation economy